2022 Direct Mail Strategy Questions For Better Results
It’s time to plan you 2022 direct mail campaigns, to do that you need great direct mail strategy questions. They will help you to create direct mail campaigns that increase responses. Your ROI is dependent on the choices you make in your direct mail strategy. The wrong questions can lead to poor direct mail response. The right questions help us empower our team to think outside of the box and create better mail pieces.
14 Direct Mail Strategy Questions:
- What are our goals? Make a list of each goal so that everyone on the team knows them and why they are important.
- What are the advantages from our last mailing? List any of the good things from the last mailing. This could be results, mailing list, images, etc. Make sure to be specific.
- What are the disadvantages from our last mailing? List anything bad about the last mailing and be specific.
- What ideas do we have to improve? List out improvement suggestions. Do not filter any out at this time, just write them all down.
- What do customers expect from us? Make a list of your customer’s expectations of you and your product/service. If you don’t know, you need to ask them.
- What is our customer’s greatest pain? In order to solve problems for your customers, you need to know what they are. List them in order of biggest to smallest.
- How can our product or service fix that pain? Use the list you just created to solve the problem for each one.
- What are the most powerful benefits our product or service creates for customers? List all your benefits in order of most significance. Remember these are not features.
- How certain are we about whom our customers are? Are you just making assumptions? Find out how you know information about your customers and make sure that it is true. The wrong information is a problem.
- What are the design possibilities? Now is the time to get creative, list all the fun ideas you can. During brainstorming do not scratch any off the list, just compile all the ideas to whittle down later.
- What are we missing? There is always something lurking that we forgot. Make sure to take the time to try and find out what that is.
- What are our competitors doing? It is a good idea to sign up for the mailing and email lists of your competitors. You can do that under a different family name if you wish, but keeping tabs on what they are doing can help you shape your mail strategy. You can exploit their weaknesses.
- What resources do we need? Many times, you will not have everything you need, having a list of all resources will help to ensure you stay on top of everything in a timely manner.
- Do we need help from outside the organization? Most companies are not able to execute a mailing campaign without outside help. Make sure you have trusted resources that can complete items for you when you need them. That is what we are here for!
After you answer all these direct mail strategy questions and document your strategy it is a good idea to reach out to us to some input input. We can help make sure that you will not pay extra postage due to a design element before you print. The better planning you do before you mail, the better your results are going to be. Are you ready to get started? We can help! Call us in San Diego at (619) 448-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org