Creative Direct Mail To Drive Response
Direct mail has been around for a very long time. Therefore, we often see mail pieces that are boring or left unchanged for years. If you continue to send the same old pieces you have been mailing over and over you will see a drop in your response rates. You must create new, fresh, engaging and creative direct mail pieces to get the results you need. Many times, we get the following question: “Why should I continue to mail with all the other channel options?” The simple answer is because it works!
So, how can you best leverage high direct mail response rates for your next mail campaign? First of all, you need to know what your audience wants so you send them offer they want.
Check out these 3 tips for creative direct mail:
Eye-catching: You need to grab attention quickly! You can do this through the use of images, color and creativity.
- Images – Don’t use boring stock images. Find fun images that stick with your brand and messaging but are out of the ordinary. You want to make people curious and draw them into the copy.
- Color – There are so many color options you can really find ones that stand out in the mail box. This is not a time to be boring, grab attention right away.
- Creativity – Unique designs work best. Think of mail pieces you have done in the past and spice them up with new creative changes. You can use special folds, die cuts, metallic ink and so much more.
Engaging Experience: There are so many creative ideas to get people to engage with your mail pieces. Sometimes it’s hard to know where to start. So we have a few ideas that have worked really well for others. They do not have to be expensive:
- Paper – Look at the paper you are using, consider adding texture with either different stock or adding at coating to it. Using the sense of touch is a great way to draw people in and it can’t be done with digital marketing.
- Folds – Have you considered using creative folds? Folding requires interaction; your audience must open the folds. You can have short panels, multiple folds within a mailer and even endless folds, where you just keep unfolding panels with different messaging on each one.
- Technology – There are so many different technologies available now to enhance your direct mail pieces. Mobile devices are with us all the time now, incorporate ways for people to use them with your mail pieces such as augmented reality or near field communication. You can also add video screens to your mail pieces so they would not need a mobile device to launch your video message.
Response: You need to offer many ways for people to respond. When you make it easy for them to respond, in the way they prefer, you get more responses.
- Phone – Provide a phone number for people to call. If you are able use a special number to track your responses, if not, give them a response code that they will need to provide when they call in.
- Web – Create a special landing page just for this campaign. You can track who has looked at it as well as who actually filled out the form.
- Email – Provide an email address that they can respond to.
- Text – Allow people to text to respond by providing a text short code.
- Come in – If you have a location, give people the option to come in and see you provide an address for them to do just that.
Your direct mail should really pop if you use these tips. Creative direct mail drives response. Of course, this does not address your list and any information you may have on your customers and prospects. You of course need to send the right offers to the right people to get the response rates you want. Taking the time to set goals, get creative and track responses will help you create the best direct mail. Are you ready to get started? Need the 2021 postage rates? Get your chart now!
Need help? Call us in San Diego at (619) 448-6111 or email email@example.com. We are glad to help!