Direct mail is a powerful tool for your political campaign. It influences the opinions and actions of voters. There are many digital options out there now that are not anywhere near as effective as direct mail. Unlike a business that is selling products or services over a long period of time, you need to convince people to vote for you or your proposition in a short period of time. Your sole goal is to win.
How can direct mail help you win?
- Targeting – You are able to reach every targeted voter with direct mail. You can choose what types of local voters you want to send to from party affiliation to frequency of voting. Reach out to only the people you need to in order to get the most bang for your buck.
- Influential – Mail is viewed as very trustworthy. You can capitalize on that by sending messages to gain support or to target your opponent with an attack.
- Flexible – Direct mail using variable data printing allows you to send different messages to different people in the same mailing. This can be used to not only change out text but also images to make a greater impact on each individual.
- Integrated – Direct mail is a great way to drive online engagement. Include QR codes and PURLS(personalized web pages) that take people to landing pages with more information or another type of experience you want them to have(make sure they are mobile ready). Think about sending them to a video of you speaking about yourself or your proposition. Let them get to know you.
- Measurable – Direct mail is easy to measure to see how well your piece is doing especially if you are driving them to online content. Make sure each message has its own unique landing page so that you can see which messages work better.
Direct mail is powerful when done correctly. There are some pitfalls you need to avoid. The first major one is to stay within postal regulations. After you design a piece, send us a PDF to review before you print. We can tell you of any problems and save you the extra postage. The next pitfall is your list. Make sure that you are targeting the right voters otherwise you are just wasting money. Finally your message needs to be clear, concise and tell people exactly what you want them to do.
Now, more than ever before direct mail can create experiences that no other channel can. As human beings our brains are hard wired with the need for touch. It plays a huge roll in our lives every day. When we are able to harness the power of touch with direct mail, we are able to create an experience that recipients will not forget and may even share with others. Our hands are very sensitive and designed to touch. They have the greatest density of tactile receptors on our bodies. Let’s take advantage of that with our direct mail pieces. Use textures and coating to make your mail piece pop!
Are you ready to get started? Call us today 619-448-6111 or email email@example.com. We are ready to help!