2020 Direct Mail Postage Rates Announced
On October 9, 2019 the USPS filed direct mail postage rate increases with the Postal Regulatory Commission. They are requesting a postage increase to go into effect on January 26, 2020. So what does the 2020 direct mail postage rates increase mean for you?
First Class Regular
- One ounce stamped letter size pieces will remain $0.55 each
- One ounce metered letter size will remain $0.50 each
- Qualified Business Reply Mail will decrease by $0.001 each
- Flats increase 10.3%
First Class Presorted
- Presorted letters will increase 2%
- Presorted cards will increase 1%
- Presorted flats have the biggest increase of 7.2%
- Also the cost for each additional ounce is going up by 33.3%
- Letters will increase 1.961%
- Flats will increase 3.908%
- Letters will increase 2.89%
- Flats will increase 6.55%
The biggest take away from these rate changes is that flats are growing more and more expensive. They do have better ROI than letter size pieces even at increased postage though. Plan accordingly for what you intend to mail in 2020. Need a rate chart? Get yours now!
Even though the 2020 direct mail postage rates are rising, but you can still get great direct mail results. In order to get the most bang for your buck call us to discuss your options. We can help you with designing for the most cost effective postage as well as cleaning your data to remove bad addresses before you mail to them. Segmentation is another great way to save money by only sending the offer to the people most interested in it. There are so many ways direct mail can help you reach your marketing goals.
Don’t forget about SmartMail! SmartMail operates on a 4-step process, where regular direct mail only operates on one. It is not a suite of services, but a seamlessly integrated system that maximizes your marketing impact. Instead of just sending out mail pieces, SmartMail consists of Mail Pieces, Mail Tracking, Online & Social Media Follow Up Ads, and Call Tracking. Call us today to get started (619) 448-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help!