Avoid the spam box with your email marketing!
By now, we all know that the subject line in an email is extremely important. A well written subject line can keep you out of the spam box and get your email read. But we also need to keep in mind that our messaging within the email can count against us for spam scoring as well.
In order to best avoid the spam filters avoid using the following words:
- Act now
- As seen on
- Best price
- Dear friend
- Join millions
- No purchase necessary
There are of course many more but this gives you a good idea of what to stay away from.
Now let’s look at how to make your email marketing subject line great:
- Your subject line and preheader text should be aligned.
- Do not leave the preheader blank!
- Highlight the benefit
- Give them a true representation of what to expect in your email
- Keep your subject line under 50 characters
- Use numerals instead of the words
- Capitalize important words
- Consider pairing unlikely subject lines with sender names
- Tell them not to open it (people cannot resist)
In email marketing, the most important thing is to make sure to only send email offers to the right people.
Not everyone is interested in what you are selling; if you send to the wrong people you will end up being marked as spam. Keep in mind that all the ideas we are giving you may vary. You should test with your own list to see what works best for you. Every list is different as well as the product or service you are selling. What works for you may not work for others. Get creative and have fun with it!
Have questions? Call us in San Diego at (619) 448-6111 or email email@example.com. We are glad to help!