Top 5 Email Marketing Best Practices
Email marketing can help business is at all stages of the marketing funnel and beyond. Email plays a key role in marketing strategy with lead generation, brand awareness, building relationships or keeping customers engaged between purchases. In order to get the best results, there are many things you need to be doing. Let’s look at the top 5 best practices.
Best Practices in Email Marketing:
- Audience – Understanding who you are sending to is most important, before you start emailing them. You need to know and segment people by when they prefer to get emails, purchase history and any other information you have to better target them. The more data you have the better you will be at targeting the right offers to the right people.
- Test – It is important to test all aspects of your emails one at a time. Start with your subject line, then your call to action, then images and finally messaging. This will be valuable information to help you continually improve your email response rates. You will need to continue to test to make sure that over time you continue to stay relevant and get the post out of your emails.
- Tracking – Make sure that you are tracking results that matter. Depending on what type of email you are sending there may be different metrics that matter more. The most common ones are open rates, clicks, conversions and purchases.
- Sending – Make sure you monitor your send frequency. Sending too many emails too close together will prompt your audience to unsubscribe. Send timely emails that are relevant and targeted correctly.
- Subject Lines – These are extremely important. People will open or delete your email based on the subject line. Short and to the point is best. Do not put something in your subject line to get people to open your email that is not relevant to what your email says.
Creating effective email marketing campaigns doesn’t have to be hard. Using these 5 tips will help your emails to stand out, get delivered, and be acted on. Creating a strong email marketing strategy helps you connect with your prospects and customers in a personalized way to increase sales at an affordable price. Email marketing can make the customers aware of new products, discounts, and other services. It can also be a softer sell to educate your audience on the value of your brand or keep them engaged between purchases. Are you ready to get started? Need help? Call us in San Diego at (619) 448-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help!