In 2018 email marketing can be a big challenge! You can get stuck in spam filters or just get ignored. Even with the best copy and powerful offers sometimes your open and click rates are just downright disappointing. There are changes you can make to improve your response rates. So what can you do about it?
Let’s look at the top 7 ideas to get your emails opened and clicked on.
- Send Less Email – Only send emails to people when you have an offer that will appeal to them. When you get it right people will want to open and click on your emails. You can do this with segmentation of your list. The better you can group people by segment the more targeted your emails become.
- Tone – Write as though you are a friend having a conversation with customers and prospects. This is not an area for hard sales tactics. Copy that is too pushy not effective.
- Powerful Subject Lines – Create these with emotion and targeted messaging based on your offer. What are they getting by opening your email? Check out our post on subject lines.
- Short – Keep your emails short. Attention spans are not what they used to be so concise wording is quicker and easier to read.
- Free Form – Don’t use the same template over and over. Change up your format each time. Keep it fresh and new.
- Benefits – You must sell the benefits of your product or service to your prospects and customers. They buy the benefits not the features.
- Links – Add multiple links to your emails. The more links you have the greater chance they will click on one.
Every email you send must value your prospects and customers. No one is looking to get more email in an already full inbox, so make sure yours is wanted by including valuable offers. If you are sending too frequently, you are responsible for your lower response rates. Are you ready to get started sending better email marketing?
Need help? Call us in San Diego at (619) 448-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help!
Download Integrated Email Marketing Drives Response: