Mobile Marketing Facts
Look by now all of us are aware of mobile marketing and that we should be doing it in some form. Many of us have even tried it out on a few campaigns. Most of us have performed sadly so we push it down the line as something to worry about next quarter. We are getting to the point where we really can’t keep kicking the can down the road.
Check out the facts:
- Users spend more time online with mobile devices each day than they do with desktops
- Mobile payments are on the rise
- Mobile Ad spending is projected to be $40.1 billion by 2018
- The top 3 smartphone brands are Apple, Samsung and LG
- The top 3 mobile service providers are Verizon, AT&T and Sprint
Knowing these facts we must start working with mobile now. Yes, mobile can be a challenge especially when trying to figure out how best to engage with customers and prospects with this channel. So let’s take a look at a few of the options.
- Texting – This can be SMS or MMS and is permission based only. Consider what information you could send that people would want to sign up for.
- QR Codes – These should be added to printed items such as flyers, direct mailers, posters and so on. The landing pages need to be mobile ready and should include your call to action.
- Apps – These are a great way to get engagement, but apps will not work for every business. Will it work for yours? What will people use it for?
- Augmented Reality – This is created in conjunction with printed pieces such as catalogs, mailers, posters, flyers and so on. The merger of the real world and one they can manipulate is really engaging when done well.
- Mobile site and App Ads – You can purchase display ads that people see on their phones when they visit websites and use apps. These are getting more common.
- Location based – You reach a customer or prospect when they are near you with special offers and deals. Retail locations do well with this.
Don’t bite off more than you can chew, but start chewing one thing at a time. Pick the one thing you think customers will engage with the most and start with that. Don’t let these important opportunities pass you by. Start your planning now.
Have questions or need help? Call us in San Diego at 619-448-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help!