7 Tips for Successful Mobile Marketing Text Campaigns
Did you know that mobile marketing texting has a high engagement at 82% open rates or that 90% of messages are read within three minutes of receipt? Your customers want you to use this channel with over half of all consumers saying they prefer to get order status alerts, reservation confirmations, and appointment reminders via text message. Creating successful mobile marketing campaigns is a challenge.
How do you use SMS marketing effectively?
- Get Permission & Make Opt-out Clear – You must have permission to send your customers and prospects text messages. Otherwise you’re breaking the law and potentially racking up significant fines. You can encourage them to sign up on any of your current marketing channels. Make sure to be clear about what benefits subscribers can expect from you.
- Timing – Before you schedule your messages consider your audience so that you schedule it when it is convenient for them. In general, it is best to send during the hours of 10 am – 8 pm. Make sure you use the specific time zones of your audience. No one wants a coupon code or appointment reminder at 1am.
- Fun – SMS is ideal for fun campaigns. Consider promotions, polls, interactive content, treasure hunts and more. Use this as an opportunity to deliver fun and memorable experiences.
- Quantity – Consider starting with 4-5 messages a month. Sending too many is a big turn off. You should tell people when they sign up how many messages to expect from you so that they know you will not bombard them.
- Exclusivity – Provide exclusive offers for subscribers. This will reward them and entice others to subscribe.
- Segment – Be sure to segment your audience to ensure that you are sending each subscriber relevant and valuable content.
- Urgency – Finally it is important to build urgency into your offers. You can do this by using wording like “today only” or “valid until”.
You should be tracking how people engage with your campaigns just like you do for other channels. SMS can be built into your multi-channel marketing so that it creates and enhanced and seamless experience for your customers and prospects. When you are able to create fun and useful SMS campaigns your customers will want to subscribe and engage with you. Successful mobile marketing campaigns are within your grasp! Are you ready to get started?
Need help? Call us in San Diego at (619) 448-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help!