5 Common Social Media Marketing Mistakes
Social media marketing is a must for business. With the vast amount of posts, it’s no wonder that there will be mistakes. You can cut down on their impact by knowing what others have done wrong and avoiding it. So, with that in mind we have put together the 5 most common social media marketing mistakes for your review.
Top 5 Social Media Marketing Mistakes:
- No Plan – First you need to set your goals. Then plan a strategy to achieve them. It can be modified along the way, but you need a basic plan to follow so that you have a map of how to achieve your goals.
- Comments – Not responding to comments on your posts is a huge deal! People need to know that you are listening to them. It also gives you a public opportunity to show your customer service and how great it is to work with you. Do not leave comments to fester. Even critical comments need to be responded to.
- Offensive – It is very easy to create a brand persona that is too casual and can lead to creating offensive posts. As a brand you need to walk a fine line between being professional and relatable. Be careful with your humor and the tone you take in posting. This is not to say you should not use humor, but you need to vet it before you post.
- Audience – You need to know who your audience is in order to best engage with them. This can help guide the type of content you post as well as how you respond to comments and questions. Targeting the right people with the right messages makes your social media marketing more effective.
- Purchasing followers – DO NOT DO THIS!! You will put your social media accounts in jeopardy as this goes against platform rules. Your posts will get a higher ranking by being liked and commented on, when you buy followers, they are not interested in your posts so less comments and likes will be made, making you rank lower so your posts are seen less.
- Boring – You want your posts to create engagement not boredom. This can be a challenge, so check out what other businesses are doing to make social media fun. There are a lot of fun ideas out there than create engagement without a lot of extra costs.
Keep these social media marketing mistakes in mind while you create your plan. There are of course many other mistakes you can make. The point is to be careful what you post, when you make a mistake own up to it and don’t make the same mistake twice. People understand that mistakes can be made, it is how you react to them that matters. Always make sure to respond to comments and questions on social media as they help you build your brand and your audience. Are you ready to get started?
Call us in San Diego at (619) 448-6111 or email email@example.com. We are glad to help!