How to Create Better Instagram Ads
Not getting the response rates you want from your Instagram ads? You need to create better Instagram ads. To get the most out of your Instagram ads, they need to first look like a post with a great picture. Then they need a good call to action and finally they need easy to understand copy. But what does that really mean? Let’s break down some tips to get you better results.
- Images – Obviously images are extremely important for Instagram. The best images are eye-catching because they are unique. This can be done with different camera angles, funny subjects and photo artistry.
- Call to action– A strong CTA helps people engage with your ad. Clear and concise wording drives higher response rates.
- Copy – Keep it simple, so that with a glance people will understand your offer and the details you provided.
Next you will want to look at what type of ad will be best for you. There are 5 types and the best one for you will depend on who your audience is and what you are selling.
5 Types of Instagram Ads:
- Photo: Basic ad type appears in users’ Instagram feeds.
- Stories: Story ads make use of the entire mobile screen; they will not get lost with other posts.
- Video: Instagram allows video ads from 3 to 60 seconds long.
- Carousel: Ideal for companies with products, these ads let viewers swipe through for additional photos.
- Explore: These appear in Instagram’s Explore feature.
Now you know the how and the type, let’s make sure you stay away from ad rejection. There are certain words and phrases that pose a higher risk of rejection if you use them in your ad.
Do not use these words or phrases:
- Wine, beer, or alcohol
- Adult content
- Weapons, including bullets or utility knives
- Weight loss or dieting
- Dating apps or sites
This does not mean you can’t sell these items; you just need to be careful with your wording and images. The best Instagram ads are the ones that don’t feel like an ad at all but an inspired post about something your prospects or customers want or need. The better you are able to target your audience the more effective your better ads will be. So, after you master the items mentioned above make sure you are selecting the right people to get your ads. Are you ready to get started? We are glad to help! Call us in San Diego at (619) 448-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.