Social Media Marketing For 2020
Social media marketing is constantly changing in order to stay relevant and effective. What worked in 2019 is going to be less effective for 2020. With that in mind we need to create a plan to start off 2020 right. To do that there are 5 things we need to consider.
Top 5 Social Media Marketing Tips For 2020:
- Deletes – More people are deleting their social media accounts now in order to have more control. Be aware of this trend. These may be temporary breaks or permanent so you need to know what your customers and prospects are doing. The reasons are varied but 29% say they are overloaded and 27% say it is a waste of time. Expect this to rise in 2020.
- Platforms – The main platforms such as Twitter and Facebook are seeing declining numbers. You need to find alternatives now so that not all your eggs are in one basket. You may want to consider adding TikTok or Pinterest. Diversifying the platforms you use could help deliver better results and shape a different future social media marketing strategy.
- Communities – Social media marketing is really about engagement. The more engaged people are the more of a social community they are. In order to create an active community, you need to create content that gets people talking, encourages conversations and cultivates that feeling of community. This helps you bring in new people and personalizes your brand. This is where you can generate word of mouth referrals. 61% of consumers will trust the recommendations of friends and family over celebrity endorsements because they are more likely to be honest.
- Stories – People love stories. They are easy to follow, relate to and remember. Because of this stories are highly engaging. You can have a lot of fun with them too. Stories are considered more authentic than traditional posts. Since consumers want live updates and real-time content, stories work great.
- Customer Service – Did you know that 28% of consumers have used social media to communicate with a company in the last year? This trend that is likely to increase due to the fact that it is a convenient contact method and a good way to get 24-hour service. Keep in mind that most people expect brands to respond to a question or complaint on social media on the same day, with 37% wanting a response in under 30 minutes. Are you able to do that? Responding to complaints can help create loyal customers and draw new customers in.
So are you gathering ideas for you 2020 social media strategy? Don’t be afraid to try new things. Your customers and prospects are ready to see some changes in 2020. It is time to make 2020 your best social media marketing year yet! Need help? Call us in San Diego at (619) 448-6111 or email email@example.com. We are glad to help!