These days it seems harder than ever to get your email messages into the inbox. Creating a stepped email campaign can be time consuming, but it can create a great gateway into your prospects and customers. You need to follow best practices and not just get people to open your email, but respond to them as well. Below are some great tips on how to achieve that.
- The first email to new subscribers should be a welcome email that thanks them and let’s know what to expect from future emails. It is a good idea to include the frequency that you usually send out communications, just so they are on the same page as you. What you don’t want to happen is for them to expect to get an email once a month and you send one every other day. Set the expectation early and make sure to follow through.
- You want a clear call to action. Include tips and important information in subsequent emails. Make sure you put relevant information in the body of the email just in case they are not ready to take action.
- Don’t be afraid to incorporate emotion into your call to action as this can help build a bond between you and your customer/prospect. You must be genuine though; no one likes to read something that sounds fake or insincere.
- Make sure to ask them what they like and are looking for in future emails. This is not something to do all of the time, but every once in a while, getting feedback can help keep your messaging relevant and get you better responses.
- Make sure to incorporate some of your social media marketing into these emails as well. The tie-in can lead to more social following and exposes your email list to a different side of your marketing.
- One last item, make sure you give them the opportunity to Opt-Out of future emails. Hopefully they won’t use it, but they do have to have the option.
One of the great things about email is that you are able to reach people quickly, see your results and make adjustments right away. Don’t forget to make sure that the call to action and the offer are relevant to the recipient. Not everyone needs every message. The more you target the better your response will be.
Need more Email Marketing Tips?
If you have any questions call us in San Diego at 619-448-6111 or email email@example.com.
We are glad to help!