Every business should be using social media. Used effectively, social media can greatly enhance your bottom line. Keep in mind that every business is different so the way you design your strategy will be different, but the basic premise and processes will be similar.
- The first key is to set your goals by deciding what are you trying to accomplish. Are you going after leads, branding or more website visits, etc.
- The next big one is deciding which social media channels to use. There will be great variation depending on your goals and who you are trying to reach. It is important to decide which channels will be your primary targets. You should have a presence on as many as possible, but your primary targets should be narrowed down to 3.
- Make sure that everyone on your team is taught about your social media plan and is on board with it. Social media for your company takes a team. Everyone on that team needs to know what the goals are and how to respond when issues arrive.
- Really take time to figure out who your target audience is and how they think. Once you are in their shoes you can really focus on what is going to get them to respond to you and meet your goals.
- Lastly, you should create a blog for your company. The blog needs to be useful to your target audience and should be set on a consistent schedule. Look for employees to help you create the content that are not just word savvy but for individuals who can provide valuable information. Look to customer service reps, who have firsthand knowledge of what your customers want to know.
Don’t be afraid of social media. It can really help your business grow. Remember, it is OK to be funny and create a humanized brand for your company. Keep it in line with your corporate culture as well as you goals. Make sure you are testing and measuring to see what is working and what is not.
If you have any questions call us 619-448-6111 or email email@example.com. We are glad to help!