Unlike email, direct mail is tangible. The USPS says that 98% of people check the mail box daily. What this means for you, is that you can get your mail piece viewed in a timely manner and get a quick response. There are some things to keep in mind to make sure that your direct mail works for you. Target your list so that only the best matched people get your offer. Then create a piece that is visually appealing, with limited copy and a clear call to action. Finally keep track of your results so that you can analyze what worked and what did not.
So let’s look at why you should use direct mail:
- You can get a highly targeted list of very qualified people
- You can stand out in the mail box
- A physical piece can be saved for later or passed onto others easily
- Direct mail is not seen as intrusive
- You can track results to continually tweak your campaigns
- These days especially, digital messages can get overwhelming, direct mail is a refreshing way to get messages
The best thing about direct mail now, is that you can integrate so much into it. Direct mail can be used to drive online engagement and sales. With the technology available through QR codes and Augmented Reality you can transform the recipients experience with their direct mail. Being really creative will drive response. So go out there and design some great direct mail campaigns!
If you have any questions call us in San Diego at 619-448-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help!