The USPS is encouraging customers to adopt and invest in technologies that enhance the direct mail experience. With this promotion the USPS is demonstrating how direct mail combined with mobile technology can be a convenient method for consumers to do holiday shopping. The promotion is offering a 2% postage discount on standard and first class mail that includes a QR code or a type of technology that can be scanned by a mobile device such as augmented reality.
- Mobile Barcode or equivalent technology, when scanned by a mobile device
- Must contain text near the barcode or image with instructions and information about the landing page
- The landing page must be relevant to the mailer copy and have the ability to make a purchase
- The purchase page must be a mobile friendly version
- The product being purchased is defined as a tangible physical item that needs to be distributed via mailing or shipping. It cannot be an item that must be picked up in store. It must ship direct to the consumer.
Registration is between Sept. 15th and Dec. 31st, 2013. The actual promotion runs between Nov. 1st and Dec. 31st, 2013.
For all the details on the promotion click here.
To register for the program click here.
Would you like more mobile marketing information? Click here.
If you have any questions call us in San Diego at 619-448-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help!