The Direct Mail Experience
Are you ready to tackle direct mail? InfoTrends released a study in January of 2016 with really great information, showing yet again the power of direct mail. InfoTrends says “Direct mail is a very effective marketing tool because it can compel recipients to act, attract new customers, increase customer loyalty, boost brand awareness, reactivate dormant accounts, and deliver profitable results.” Check out the following highlights and statistics about direct mail.
- A third of U.S. consumers responding to InfoTrends’ direct marketing study reported reading direct mail more than e-mail, while 34% said they opened and read e-mail and direct mail with equal frequency.
- Personalization has become a powerful direct mail tactic that is relatively easy to incorporate.
- Direct mail can be part of an interactive experience when used in conjunction with mobile devices and apps.
- Many consumers read direct mail because they prefer content that they can experience with more than just their eyes.
- Since consumers engage with both print and e-mail, communicating with them using an integrated campaign will drive higher results.
Key statistics they uncovered:
- 66% of direct mail is opened.
- 82% of direct mail is read for a minute or more.
- 56% of consumers who responded to direct mail went online or visited the physical store.
- 62% of consumers who responded to direct mail in the past three months made a purchase.
- Over 84% reported that personalization made them more likely to open a direct mail piece.
As you are creating your direct mail campaign make sure you have taken what InfoTrends learned into consideration. Well planned and executed direct mail will lead to increased responses. To read the full study go to: http://www.infotrends.com/public/Content/Multiclients/DirectMarketingProductionPrinting.html
Start planning your direct mail campaigns now. Integrating them with mobile and other channels increased your effectiveness, so take advantage of that. Need help or have questions? Call us in San Diego at 619-448-6111 or email email@example.com. We are glad to help!