Are you ready to tackle direct mail?
The direct mail marketing experience really matters. InfoTrends released a study in January of 2016 with really great information, showing yet again the power of mail. InfoTrends says “Direct mail is a very effective marketing tool because it can compel recipients to act, attract new customers, increase customer loyalty, boost brand awareness, reactivate dormant accounts, and deliver profitable results.”
Check out the following highlights and statistics about mail.
- A third of U.S. consumers responding to InfoTrends’ direct marketing study reported reading mail more than e-mail, while 34% said they opened and read e-mail and mail with equal frequency.
- Personalization has become a powerful mail tactic that is relatively easy to incorporate.
- Mail can be part of an interactive experience when used in conjunction with mobile devices and apps.
- Many consumers read mail because they prefer content that they can experience with more than just their eyes.
- Since consumers engage with both print and e-mail, communicating with them using an integrated campaign will drive higher results.
Key statistics they uncovered:
- 66% of mail is opened.
- 82% of mail is read for a minute or more.
- 56% of consumers who responded to mail went online or visited the physical store.
- 62% of consumers who responded to mail in the past three months made a purchase.
- Over 84% reported that personalization made them more likely to open a mail piece.
As you are creating your mail campaign make sure you have taken what InfoTrends learned into consideration. Well planned and executed mail will lead to increased responses. To read the full study go to: http://www.infotrends.com/public/Content/Multiclients/DirectMarketingProductionPrinting.html
2017 is quickly approaching so start planning your mail campaigns now. Integrating them with mobile and other channels increased your effectiveness, so take advantage of that. Need help or have questions? Call us in San Diego at 619-448-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help!