List and Data Management
Successful database marketing depends on accurate targeted lists that allow you to personalize interactions with customers and prospects. This will also save you money.
The Eye/Comm 1-to-1 Data Solution develops these lists, enables sophisticated personalization and provides you with the tools you’ll need to make campaign adjustments to drive higher response and conversion.
- List Management: Keep your lists up to date and secure
- List Profiling: Identify characteristics for your best prospects
- Data Hygiene: Reduce undeliverable mail
- Tracking and Analysis: Know what is working and what is not
Dirty data, duplicate data and not enough data can set back any direct marketing campaign. A bad database leads to excessive returns, wrong offers and wrong postage which can lead to significant hard dollar losses and customer satisfaction issues.
Make sure that your direct marketing campaigns start with clean and accurate data that lets you make sure the right offer reaches the right person at the right cost.
If you have multiple data files in different formats, no problem. Eye/Comm’s data experts can:
- Standardize varying mailing list formats
- Eliminate duplicates
- Combine multiple lists into one easy to manage database
- Acquire additional lists to supplement client data
- Pre-sort to qualify for the lowest postage rates. (This could save you nearly 10 cents per piece in postage and speed up delivery through the postal system.)
Effective marketing often involves doing more of what already works. List Profiling helps you model your ideal customers so you optimize campaigns and find prospects with similar characteristics.
Working with Eye/Comm, you will get a complete data analysis and list segmentation. This will provide you with valuable insights into consumer behaviors so you can tailor your message to match their needs and interests, and increase the chances that they’ll act on your offer
Survey research will identify consumers’ values, attitudes, and product preferences. By combining that information with U.S. Census data, Eye/Comm will help you to:
- Profile the unique characteristics of your best and most profitable customers to find more just like them
- Target your selling messages to the right audience at the right time
- Increase your marketing penetration by opening new channels to reach your customers and prospects by using the methods they prefer
- Boost response rates through more specific, personalized offers (as opposed to generic, one-size-fits-all promotions)
- Build loyalty programs that increase lifetime value
- Improve your database marketing with more profitable prospecting, through modeling and forecasting
- Boost your direct response rate
- Increase your market penetration
- Dramatically improve your advertising ROI
- Improve multimedia marketing by applying profiles to hit the target across all media
Studies show that up to 20% of records within a typical house file are undeliverable. Obsolete data not only costs you money spent on undeliverable or misdirected mail, but can cause lost sales and impact customer goodwill. You can also check your email addresses with email append. That way when your customer get the direct mailer you can follow up with an email.
A good, clean database will also help you avoid penalties assessed by the USPS. For example, to comply with USPS Move Update regulations you must use an approved USPS process to update your mailing list within 95 days of a mailing.
You can count on Eye/Comm to help you develop a good, clean list and also take advantage of the following USPS Move Update tools:
- National Change of Address (NCOA): USPS maintains the NCOA file, which contains all the nationwide address changes for the previous 48 months. We can compare your list to this file and update your database with new addresses.
- OneCode ACS (TM): Using the Intelligent Mail Barcode you can receive address updates electronically.
- Address Correction Service: By placing an endorsement, such as “Address Service Requested”, on your mail piece, the USPS will forward mail to a new address and notify you of the change and return any undeliverable mail. We can then update your list to incorporate these changes.
- Email address append: The process will identify e-mail addresses that matches the name/address information on a provided database on either an individual (can match the address on the file along with the associated name to an e-mail address on file) or a household (matches the e-mail address to a given postal address but not necessarily the specific name on the customer’s file). It will also verify and/or change an existing e-mail address should it no longer be valid. This is only permissible for customer lists. Purchase lists are not eligible for email append.
Other important data hygiene tools available to eliminate outdated records are:
- “Do not mail” purging
- Deceased recipient purging
- Apartment number appending to increase deliverability.
Direct Marketing is unique because it provides measurable results. Through testing and tracking you can determine the most effective mailing lists, offers and creative to develop a strategy for success.
- Mine intelligence from your best offers and response
- Update your mailing list
- Measure and evaluate your ROI
- Find response trends to improve the ROI for future campaigns
- Improve your offers and creative to maximize response