Every company, even a B2B company should be on Facebook. This social media marketing channel is a chance to build your brand and humanize it. Here are a few tips on why Facebook is a good place to be and how to get started.
What is so great about Facebook?
- 850 million monthly active Facebook users
- Over 1 million websites have integrated with Facebook
- 77% of B2C companies and 43% B2B have acquired customers from Facebook
- Posts from 1pm to 4pm EST have the highest activity
- 85% of all businesses with a dedicated social media platform reported an increase in their market exposure
How to start your page?
- Go to Facebook
- Choose a category
- Upload a cover photo and profile picture
- Fill out your information in the about section
- Link your website address
- Invite people you know to like your page
- You can upload your email contacts to send them an invite too
Facebook has help too, check it out at: https://www.facebook.com/business/build
How to use Facebook?
- Post regularly, include videos, photos and links not just text in your posts, have clear call to actions such as asking questions or creating a poll.
- Make sure you focus on content. Keep your posts relevant to your audience. Mix in some funny thoughts or photos with your information, but keep the majority of it informational.
- Using Facebook paid advertising: Sponsored Stories work well to get others to like your page. When you have an important announcement use promoted posts, this will keep you at the top of the newsfeed longer.
- Test everything. From types of posts, time of day, paid advertising times and content. Really try to define what your audience likes best.
- Try to attract followers that will be your ambassador and help you build your following. Having others network for you will really help.
- You can run a contest or promotion to help build your fan base.
- Interact with fans by commenting on their posts and saying thank you when needed.
- Post company related content, like employee of the month or other things that show your company as human. If you have a party, post photos.
Remember that Facebook is not going to grow overnight. It is a progression over time. You need to plan it out and try new things. Constantly check your insights page and make adjustments. Have fun with it!
If you need other social media marketing ideas: Click here
If you have any questions call us in San Diego at 619-448-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help!